Friday, July 7, 2017

Mission Trip, Book Release, and Golden Moments // June Recap


Golden moments. I could basically sum up the entire month of June by saying every day was filled to the brim with summer and goldenness. Because it was. 

BUT...I'll go ahead and warn you, loyal readers, that this post is going to be super lame. Because I was away from technology while soaking up this wonderfulness, I didn't keep track of a lot to things... So yeah. *nods* 


// Life. // 

>> As mentioned in the May recapI was in a pottery workshop for the last week of May/first week of June. It was an educational experience for sure. 




>> I laid on the cement walkway with the dog sleeping on my stomach and talked to my bro and it was an utterly golden moment in history. 

>> I sang In Color in the shower (with an exaggerated accent) and was glad no one could hear me. 

>> I went on a mission trip. And y'all, it was SUCH an amazing experience. There'll be more on that coming soon (like a big, long, rambly post...or two or three), but for now here's some pics. :D 







// Cherishing. // 

Cherishing. Interesting word isn't it? Until I sat down to write this post, I didn't really realize how much I'd focused on cherishing this month. But now, looking back, I did. I cherished my relationship with God, and the joy that can be found in the small things along this journey called life. Cherish the golden moments, y'all. <3 




// Books. // 



Reading was not quite *cough* up-to-the-usual again this month. I'm hoping for lots of reading in July. XP 


Read... 
A Place Called Lonesome by Jesseca Wheaton -- 5 stars -- Review HERE
Journey to Love by Amanda Tero -- 3.5 stars 
Letter of Love Amanda Tero -- 4 stars 
The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis -- 5 stars -- Review HERE
The Candy Country by Louisa May Alcott -- 3 stars 
Dandelion Dust by Faith Potts (re-read) 
True to You by Becky Wade -- 4 stars -- Review HERE

I also read Julia Ryan's poetry book. :D 



Acquired... 
The Farmer's Market Mishap by Wanda Brunstetter & Jean Brunstetter 
Poetry by Julia Ryan 
Dandelion Dust by yours truly *squeals over the beautiful cover and shoos you to the next section* 




// Writing. // 

So, um, writing kinda crashed and burnt this month, if ya know what I mean. 

*has to legit hunt through desk to find writing notebook* *glances over the bad notes I kept of this month* 

As best I can figure, I wrote about 2,000 words in the month of June. The Faith that wrote out 'June Goals' awhile back would be mortified at this statement. But the Faith who returned from the mission trip (almost two weeks ago now) doesn't really mind so much. Writing is something God has given to me, but it can't be for His glory when it distracts me from my relationship with Him. 

So what now, you ask? Sure, I'm still writing. But my plans have changed a bit, became somewhat more laidback, and I'm currently just waiting to see what God has in mind for me. :) 

And as far as the month of July goes, I'm technically signed up to do Camp NaNo (and I'm currently failing), but... I'm not too concerned about that right now. There are far more important things in my life, and I don't want to let any of them slip by. 


On the publishing side of writing...um, yeah, something pretty awesome happened. I published a book....and I'm *still* reeling from how amazing it feels. :D 

So, yup. For anyone interesting in seeing/reading my darling Dandelion Dust that y'all have heard me talk so much about...it's now available on Lulu. ^_^ 




// Blogging. // 









// Goals. // 

~ June Goals 

>> Hit 30k or finish A Soldier's Story.            Nope. 

>> Finish final edit of Dandelion Dust.          YUSSS! I'm done with that book forever. 

>> Publish Dandelion Dust.      EEPPS YES IT HAPPENED. 

>> Beta-read another book.               ...sorta? *cough* 

>> Read 10 books.            #failed

>> Go on a mission trip.          Success! 


~ July Goals 

>> Finish beta-reading aforementioned book. 

>> Read 10 books. 

>> Go camping. 

>> Post about mission trip. 

>> Live life to the fullest and savor the golden moments...without worrying so much about 'goals'. 



How was your June, friends? :D 
~Faith 

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic wrap-up post, Faith! And I love this: "Writing is something God has given to me, but it can't be for His glory when it distracts me from my relationship with Him." Such a great and valuable lesson! <3 Amen to it all being in His timing, and waiting for His guidance!
    I'm so glad the missions trip went well and you had such a swell time. It sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raechel! :D Yes, most definitely. Waiting can be hard (I'm learning just how hard :P), but it's worth it to be this close to Him. <3
      It truly was! :)

      Delete
  2. All of the pottery you make is sooo cool :) I especially like the ones with lids.
    Cherish the golden moments. That’s such a great reminder, Faith! <3
    I just love “The Ebb Tide”! I need to re-read that one again next year. :) Isn’t that little apple on the spine of “The Farmer’s Market Mishap” kinda cute? (I just noticed that a few days ago. *wink*)
    Lovely recap, Faith!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with how that one came out. :D
      It is! <3
      Oohhh, yes. It's the perfect summery read. Hehe, yes! I hadn't paid much attention to it until you mentioned it, but the apple is cute. The ones inside the front flap are too. ;)
      I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. I love this. Focus on the golden moments. Stop worrying. Cherish relationship with God. We all need to slow down and just relax sometimes :)
    And YOU WENT ON A MISSION TRIP!! I went to Honduras early this year and God changed my life through it! Where did you go? What did you do??? I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Such a wonderful lesson -- and one I think I'm finally learning. (Just look at the lateness of this reply XD)
      I did!! Oh my goodness, that's amazing! :D I went a ways downstate from where I live (so not as 'huge' as an overseas trip ^_^), and we did work in the communities. My crew of 14 (teens + adult chaperones) roofed a house and built a handicap ramp. :) Details and pictures coming soon!

      Delete
  4. Soooo...I originally read this at Kate's house late one night. So I never got around to comenting. But June sounds fabulous! And I was so excited to realize I knew what song you meant when you said "In Color:. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thank you!! :D Haha, yup. Now imagine me trying to sing that...that way...with the shower in the background. XP

      Delete