Saturday, December 2, 2017

Audiobooks, a Warped Mind, and Christmas is Coming // November Recap

I'm really not sure how it's the second day of December. Like...like...how is this possible?! *is somewhere between being thrilled because CHRISTMAS and crying because WHERE DID THE YEAR GO*

Moving on, folks. xD 



\\ Life. \\ 

>> So this happened. 

Mom: *says something about how none of the smoke alarms in our house have batteries*
Me: Oh, that reminds me! So, last night I was researching burns and–
Mom: Burns as in someone gets burned?
Me: yes. And so–
Mom: *eyeing me suspiciously* Just please tell me you're not burning someone.
Me: it's war, Mom!
Mom: *eyeroll* Someone needs to write happy stories
Me: You sound like Kaitlyn. ANYWAY! So, about burn prevention, this article said to install smoke alarms in your house. Like...isn't that kind of lame to be under 'prevention'?!
Mom: *still stuck on the part where she finds out her daughter has a warped mind*


>> I laughed entirely too hard over jokes on Pinterest. (Translation: I wasted too much time on Pinterest.) 



>> I did an author interview with RebekahAshleigh!! You should totally check it out. :D *points to the   handy-dandy link*


>> Um so I made my 50-something Christmas wreaths and I don't even wanna see another spring of greenery right now okay please and thank you. 


>> *is borderline squealing over this one* OKAY SO. Chances are, if you've been around the blogging/book-blogging world long, you've heard of Lindsey and her blog Books for Christian Girls. (C'mon, she's kinda like a legend, people.) Awhile back, I contacted Lindsey about reviewing Dandelion Dust, she agreed, and the review came out this month!! 



>> Dad texted me from deer camp... 



>> Thanksgiving happened, y'all. It sounds cliche, but we have so much to be thankful for. <3 




\\ Books. \\ 

Well, I didn't get any new books this month (so this section is gonna be kinda lame and pictureless *cries*), but I did read some epic books. I also 'read' two audiobooks and one audio drama (marked with **), which was super awesome because getting to be immersed in a story while you're doing monotonous work? High five, audio-makers. 

I read 13 books! :D 
Andi Lassos Trouble by Susan K. Marlow -- 5 stars 
Making Memories by Janette Oke -- 3.5 stars 
Andi to the Rescue by Susan K. Marlow -- 5 stars 
Leviticus -- 5 stars 
Christmas Delays and Other Short Stories by Rebekah A. Morris -- 5 stars -- Review 
Home for Christmas by Rebekah A. Morris -- 4 stars -- Review 
Kate's Innocence by Sarah Holman** -- 4.5 stars 
Kate's Capitol by Sarah Holman** -- 4.5 stars 
The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson -- 5 stars 
Mandie and Joe's Christmas Surprise by Lois Gladys Leppard -- 4 stars 
2 Peter -- 5 stars 
They're Rugby Boys, Don't You Know? by Natalie Vellacott -- 4 stars -- Review to come. 
The Candle in the Window by Margaret Hill McCarter/Lamplighter Theatre** -- 5 stars 



\\ Writing. \\ 

So, I didn't do NaNo this month, but I did edit about 10-12 chapters in War TearsI also wrote a short Christmas story this month (that y'all will be getting soon-ish) and started another Christmas story that...will probably never see this blog. But who knows. :P 



I also got my first-draft copy of A Soldier's Freedom. I'll have that post up sometime soon. Hopefully. ;) 



\\ Movies & Music. \\ 

I watched lots of great movies this month! I'm probably forgetting half of them, but... 

Dashing Through the Snow
Forever Strong
Christmas Homecoming 
A Cookie-Cutter Christmas 
Re-watched 4 movies of WCTH Season 4

Music? I don't even know what to put here, other than Bleed the Same is an epic song and THE WORLD NEEDS IT. *ahem*

The local Christian radio station starting playing aaaallllll Christmas music on Black Friday which made me reealllyyy happy. But...I'm going to refrain from mentioning my favorites because y'all are gonna hear about those during the upcoming blog party. Speaking of which...



\\ Blogging. \\ 

Blogging in November involved planning and prepping for the 12 Days of Christmas blog party! This is not something y'all are gonna wanna miss. Other than myself, there are between 15-20 bloggers signed up (is it bad that I'm not sure?) and *squeals* it's gonna be awesome!! :D 

Favorite posts of the month... 








\\ Goals. \\ 

~ November Goals 

>> Read 10 books.             Yup!! 

>> Edit pt.1 of War Tears.       ....no? I'm only a couple chapters away from this, and since I only edited like 13 days in the entire month... *shrugs shoulders* 

>> Write a short Christmas story.        YES!! I actually wrote one completely and started another. :D 

>> Catch back up with emails.          *nods* I'm not exactly caught up now, but I was. :P 

>> Start planning this year's 12 Days of Christmas link-up.      Success!! 


~ December Goals 

>> Read 12 books. 

>> Edit through chapter 25 of War Tears

>> Finish writing the second Christmas story, edit the first. 

>> Stay caught up with emails. 

>> Host the 12DoC blog party. 

>> Participate in Liv's Little Women Read-Along.

>> Have a very, Merry Christmas! 



Happy December, friends! How was your month? :D 
~Faith 


12 comments:

  1. This year really seems to be flying by!
    The author interview was a lot of fun! <3
    That is just so exciting that Lindsey reviewed your book and talked about it in her latest video!! :D
    Listening to audiobooks and audio drama’s sounds like a great way to pass the time. Were you listening to them while you made wreaths? ;)
    Those 2 Circle C Stepping Stones books were really fun. So was “Mandie and Joe’s Christmas Surprise”.
    Oh how fun that you got your first-draft copy of “A Soldier’s Freedom”!
    Dashing Through the Snow! I just re-watched that one the other night! :D
    Our local Christian radio station started playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving too!
    Great recap, Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Scary. O.O
      Agreed! <3
      EEPPSS, I was so thrilled that she loved it so much!!! <3 :D
      Hehe, yes, I was. ;) Making wreaths was something I could do without really concentrating on it, and I had won the two Kate audiobooks awhile back, so that was the perfect time to listen to them. ;)
      Those were cute!
      *grins* Yup!! Makes me want to jump right back into editing it, buuutt....I'll make myself finish WT first. :P
      I want to re-watch that one! :D
      That's great! I just love Christmas music.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE When Calls the Heart... I can’t till the next season comes out!! November was pretty good = ). I’m really excited for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO. Glad to know another fan, Sarah! :D I'm super excited for Christmas too!!

      Delete
  3. sounds like you had an awesome month!! and HELLO TO ANOTHER HUMAN WHO DIDN'T DO NANO xP xD I honestly just had no time this year and no motivation. I still think there should be nano in february I MEAN C'MON. IT WOULD BE SO AMAZING.

    also, thank you so much for linking my post ahhhhh XD AND AH CHRISTMAS IS SO SOON ALSO THE END OF THE YEAR (legit I didn't even think about the end of the year part of this whole thing until two days ago. no joke. :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks! HAHA YES. *high five* Omw, there TOTALLY should be. Who really has a life in February anyway?! xD

      You're soooo welcome. It was great. <3 ITS INSANE. (*cackles laughs because ikr it's so scary*)

      Delete
    2. Do you know how to be a part of this Christmas blog site or what ever it is call that everyone is a part of?

      Delete
    3. I replied to your email about that. :)

      Delete
  4. OH WOW! Congratulations on another book! That's huge!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also listened to a lot of audiobooks this year! *high-fives back* I listen to them to do chores and exercise. :) I found a favorite reader on Librivox (Karen Savage <3) and listen to classics like “The Railway Children,” the “Anne of Green Gables Series”. . . also some group readings of like “Little Women” and other classics, where she is often in as well. :)

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audiobooks are great!! Oooohh, that sounds nice. :D

      Delete